Sunday, February 20, 2011

Getting back to writing - Interview rules

I have stopped writing for a while - it would've been at least a couple of months now! I better update this blog before I'm too old to remember what I've learned or gained in this stretch of journey in my life.

Interview rules:
Rule #1: Be punctual
Rule #2: Know ahead who is your interviewer
              - know his/her name correctly - so you can address him/her during handshake
              - know his/her position - if he/she is an Executive Director, drop the stories, strike the jackpot with  
                 correct and precise answers to his/her questions.
Rule #3: Strike the first impression right with the right prop
              - what I did this round of interview is: bring and read a good book and without deliberately showing
                 off the book, that was the first thing he noticed about me - someone who reads a good book!
Rule #4: Work your mind - even if that means that it has to make 720 degrees turn during those few minutes of talking
Rule #5: Prepare at least 5 intelligent questions beforehand, pick up clues on what he/she says to you. Remembering that NEVER stop working your mind.
Rule #6: Dont look shock when they end the interview abruptly, stand up elegantly, handshake, and LEAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment